Download a copy of the letter – here
6 June 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Public Health England released figures on Friday afternoon which announced that the R rate of COVID-19 to be above 1 in certain areas of the North West. Since then, several local authorities have advised schools to reconsider opening to more children.
Prior to this we had risk assessed it to be safe to gradually increase the numbers of students on site. In light of the increased R rate we have re-evaluated our risk assessment and made the decision that it is safest to continue to offer offsite/online education for all pupils as we were doing prior to the half term holiday, with session work being offered to essential worker children and those children that are most vulnerable. Our year 6’s who are still in primary, will access sessions with their teacher this week to conclude this transition work.
Our plan to increase the number of children onsite with be placed on pause until the R rate in the North West has decreased; this will be reviewed after data is shared from Public Health England which is usually on a Friday afternoon.
I understand this is disappointing. We are desperate to have our pupils back into school and teachers had planned some fantastic learning activities for children. These will still happen – we just have to put the timing of it on hold.
Please let us know if there is anything you think we can help with. Staff will be in touch during the course of the week and school work will continue to be set on Edmodo and through home learning packs.
Take care of yourselves and we hope to see the children very soon.