Primary School Teacher
Primary Class Teacher
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 pro rata
Location: Reddish, Stockport
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 3 terms, however further opportunities may be available.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teacher to join our close-knit team at Reddish Hall School in Greater Manchester. Someone who takes a more creative approach to teaching would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Reddish Hall School is a co-educational school catering for students aged 5-18 with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviour. The school accepts students with social and emotional difficulties, though our students may face additional challenges and diagnoses including ADHD, ASC, SpLD, MLD, OCD, Dyslexia, Attachment Disorder, Dyscalculia, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome and a variety of other conditions. Additionally, many of our students have serious social issues and very difficult home lives resulting in complex emotional difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The teacher is responsible for high quality teaching of a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum. The ideal candidate will successfully set a vision and targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encouraging our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
The teachers at Reddish Hall School are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment. Smaller class sizes mean you can focus on building a purposeful learning environment that meets individual educational needs of pupils. You will be joining a supportive and caring team who put a relentless focus on the outcomes of the children and young people in our care.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Qualified Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubles learners.
This can be a challenging environment and therefore, determination and resiliency are key characteristics for the post. We are seeking an experienced practitioner with an understanding of SEMH and ASD, allowing the successful candidate to immediately form positive relationships and adapt to the needs of the pupils. However, we invest heavily in teacher development and want staff who endeavour to achieve more
No two days are the same, so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using an innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils learning to inform further planning.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Must be educated to degree level or be of Qualified Teacher Status
- Must have experience in teaching
- Ability to use ICT effectively for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Open and positive working environment
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact the school on 01204 522667